Last updated on February 13th, 2019 at 01:35 pm
Fun activities for teenagers – Side Swaps
Main aim: An enjoyable way for teenagers to mingle, relax and have fun! Ideal as a camp activity or youth group game
Name: Side Swaps
Type: Fun activities for teenagers
Players: Single player, minimum 4 players
Duration: 20 minutes
Materials: Netball, basketball or volleyball court and all equipment required for a netball, basketball or volleyball game
- Separate players into 2 teams.
- The teams may be divided by gender, age, alphanumerical order or any other fun way to separate the players (e.g. players with blue jeans form one team and non-blue jeans wearers form the other team).
- Place each team on either side of the court.
- Each team must attempt to (a) hit the ball to the other team and (b) keep the ball in the air.
- Whenever someone from a team hits the ball to the other team, that person will swap sides and go over to the other team.
- Whenever someone drops a ball, any person from his or her team that has crossed sides will need to return to his or her original side.
- The winner of the game will be the team that completely swaps sides first.
- When the game ends, provide feedback and ask the participants for feedback.
This activity is a fun way for teens to get active. It is also a great alternative to a formal game of netball, volleyball or basketball.