Last updated on February 7th, 2019 at 06:56 pm
Therapeutic activities for teenagers – Circle of Trust
Main aim: Teenagers are encouraged to build trust and confidence in loved ones
Name: Circle of Trust
Type: Therapeutic activities for teenagers
Participants: Individuals in a group (around 6-8 participants). This activity is also appropriate for family therapy and counseling as part of the family support system for troubled teenagers.
Duration: 20-30 minutes
Preparation: Blindfold material
Materials: Background soothing music
- The activity begins when the music is turned on.
- One participant is chosen (or volunteers) to stand in the middle of the room, blindfolded.
- The other participants form a large circle around the single participant. The participants should be spread out evenly.
- One of the other participants then approaches the one standing in the middle and respectfully guides the participant around the circle to the next participant (taking the long route).
- The next participant then takes over and guides the blindfolded participant around the circle to the next participant (again taking the long route).
- Once everyone has taken a turn guiding the blindfolded participant around the circle, the activity stops and music is turned off.
- Discuss with the participants the intention of the activity:
- that trust is being built between the one guiding and the one being guided;
- how trust and respect should be reflected in the participants’ own families or with their loved ones;
- if none exists, how trust and respect can be built up within the family;
- what is the best way to instill such trust and respect.
The activity challenges the participants in the following ways:
- to acknowledge that trusting someone is not easy;
- to perform a self-analysis on themselves and their family;
- to describe how they see their relationship with their family members and loved ones; and
- to discover ways to build trust and respect within their family.
Latest therapeutic activities for teenagers
- Bullying Role Play: Anti Bullying Activities for Teenagers
- Inner Peace Journey Map: Therapeutic Activity for Teenagers
- Circle of Trust: Therapeutic Activity for Teenagers
- Understanding Feelings: A Therapeutic Activity for Teenagers
- Growing Anew: A Therapeutic Activity for Teenagers